Friday, September 7, 2007

We Can Help You Save for the Holidays!

Believe it or not, it’s getting to be that time of year again! Time to start thinking about the upcoming holiday season! I know, you might think I am crazy, but before you know it you’ll be planning Thanksgiving, buying gifts and possibly traveling. Can you see the dollar signs yet?

As far as I am concerned it’s never too early to start saving money and shopping for the holiday season. For some of us, including me, this is easier said than done. In January it does not seem important to start saving for Christmas, since most of us are just starting to try and recover from the financial impact that the previous holiday season has had.

A couple of years ago I decided that I wanted to do something to prepare for the holiday season and make the holidays more enjoyable and less stressful on me and my family. I decided to open a Christmas Club Account at Hawthorne.

This is a savings account that I can deposit money into throughout year to effortlessly build up a nice gift fund. In November the money automatically gets deposited in to my savings account and I can go shopping without having to worry about paying for everything.

Last year I got a late start and only had $300 in the account when the money got transferred, but this year I have been doing better. I transfer $25 - $50 each pay period into my Christmas Club Account. This year when the deposit is made I should have about $800. This will help take some of the pain out of my excessive shopping.

For us, there is not a better way to save money for the holidays than this kind of savings account. So easy & painless!


Click here for more information on the Hawthorne Christmas Club Account.

1 comment:

  1. I really agree with you. I have had a Christmas club every year at Hawthorne for the past 10 years. I have it come out of my direct deposit every week and I never miss it. I love Christmas shopping as a result!

    ReplyDelete