Monday, March 9, 2009

Vacation on the cheap this summer

Camping is likely to increase in popularity this year as consumers seek inexpensive ways to vacation with the kids. When I was growing up my folks couldn't afford a hotel vacation so we spent a lot of time tent camping. Some of my best memories are from our camping days and I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and for nature because of it. Tent campsites cost around $20 a night. What's your favorite place to camp?

Have you ever taken a volunteer vacation? I'd love to hear your experience. It's an intriguing idea presented today by the Daily Green. You volunteer to help out and you get free lodging and meals. You can bring older kids to many of them, too. Provide your own transportation and you've got a really inexpensive vacation and probably life-changing experiences too.

No comments:

Post a Comment