Monday, May 4, 2009

TIP: Skip stamps, save $100 and the environment too

TIP: With postage going up to 44 cents a week from today, now's a great time to "stamp out bill paying by mail". Eliminate postage with Billpayer, and you can save about $100 per year. Plus paying your bills online is gentler to the earth! Here's what you'll save the earth by paying just 5 bills per month electronically:

1.9 pounds of paper
18 gallons of wastewater from discharging into lakes, streams and rivers
2.4 gallons of gasoline
74 pounds of greenhouse gases
1 tree
10 square feet of forest preserved from deforestation

Check out these facts and learn more at PayItGreen.org.

1 comment:

  1. I always use BillPayer when I can, but I did not realize how much it helped the environment. It is good to know. I will make sure to never mail a bill again, unless I have to.

    This weekend when I was at Costco they were selling Forever Stamps, I think it is $40 or $44 for 100 stamps. These stamps like name says are good forever. This is another way that I will be able to save money when the price of stamps goes up next week.

    ReplyDelete