Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It’s Tax Time Again!

Last week, right after putting away Christmas decorations, while going through the mail I got my yearly reminder ($10 coupon off Turbo Tax from Costco) that it is tax time again. I can’t believe another year has gone by.

Thankfully, at the beginning of last year I started downloading all of our financial activity into Quicken, so hopefully this year it will be easier to get our stuff organized. At Hawthorne you can download all of your account information from online banking into Quicken. This has really helped me stay organized.

It’s also time to make sure that we make our IRA contributions at Hawthorne. Hawthorne offers a guaranteed rate of return and federal deposit insurance of $250,000 or more per IRA owner. For more information about IRAs at Hawthorne go to our IRA section and check our rates.

To avoid the most common tax mistakes I would recommend reading 11 Common Tax Planning mistakes, on Kiplinger, “Tax planning mistakes can cost you money”. I found a some helpful information in this article. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment